Watersense is a partnership program sponsored by the US EPA. Its purpose is to encourage the conservation of water and protection of the environment. Watersense partners include contractors, retailers, and manufacturers offering a wide range of products and ideas for reducing the consumption of water and protecting our existing, dwindling supplies.
A very informative website for both residential and commercial users. Links include stormwater management, rainwater harvesting, and the NJ Water Quality Research Institute, just to name a few.
How much water does it take to create a steak? A pair of blue jeans? To brush your teeth? You’d be surprised. Now you can find out – with the first one-of-a-kind iPhone application that calculates how much water is embedded in our daily lives.
- Growing Power
Will Allen, former NBA basketball player, has taken a city block in Milwaukee and made it into a farm. Composting, solar power, sustainable agriculture – an amazing story! Watch the YouTube video here.
- Lawn & Garden Frequently Asked Questions
- Everything from fertilizers to poison ivy!
- NJ Weed Gallery Identification Page
- This is a good resource for do-it-yourself gardeners!
- Lawn Watering and Conservation Guide
- Learn what ET is, and find out exactly when to water and how much, region by region in NJ.